Hello, I’m Jason. This is my blog.
I’m an Anti-abuse Engineer on Google’s Search Quality Team, trying to make the web a little bit better place for searchers and webmasters.
- I work at Google, on the Search Quality team. Sometimes I write for the Webmaster Central Blog (for example, this post here).
- Even though I work for Google you shouldn’t take anything here to be official Google policy or communication, this is my personal site. The standard disclaimers apply.
- I’m originally from Cleveland, Ohio.
- I believe that if something is worth doing, it’s worth creating a spreadsheet.
- If something is worth doing and you’re planning on doing it more than a few times, though, you should create a database and a web app.
- I went to college at Ohio Wesleyan University, where I majored in journalism and minored in computer science and studio art. I was online editor of The Transcript and station manager for WSLN.
- I got my masters in information architecture and knowledge management at Kent State University. While there I did research on how well tagging systems and folksonomies support information retrieval. This was later published in the journal Information Processing and Management.